Let’s talk about moms…
Mother’s Day is fast approaching - Sunday, May 10th for those who don’t know!
This year, I feel it is especially important to celebrate Mom.
We have all been through a long spring at home and moms have been the glue that held families and households together during this difficult time. Moms have made beds, meals, and princess crowns. Moms have played Banana Gram till they can’t look at another word and, don’t forget, that’s before the math lesson.
Mom deserves a special, heartfelt gesture to say ‘thank you’ and show your love and appreciation for everything she does…. And if you are one of these moms, we salute you!
I was lucky to live in Malibu while my Mom lived there as well. I saw her everyday and we spoke at least twice a day. She was so incredibly important to me. Now, don’t get me wrong, we had our ups and downs as all relationships do but there was something so dear and special throughout it all…Unconditional Love! (and she made me laugh) - So remember, even though these are trying times and we may be a bit moody with family, cooped up together at home, a
little act of love goes a very long way. Now, more than ever, we are reminded of what is truly important in our lives.
As we prepare for a Mother’s Day Celebration, let’s look to our mom’s passions and see what you can do to make this an extra special day for her:
*And moms: don’t be afraid to hint to the husband or kids about anything you might like to treat yourself to! After all, you’ve more than earned it.
1. For Queen Mom: Luxurious Champagne Brunch in Bed - We have you covered! Set the tray and don’t forget coffee, a vase of flowers, and a mimosa. A sweet card wishing her love will really send the right message for the day.
2. I Love to be Pampered: Spa Day - Start with a fresh new robe, aromatherapy
shower tablets to help Mom ease into her day, and a plush ultra-soft eye mask for deep relaxation at the end of the day.
3. Mom - You are Loved: Scents and Feel - Our irresistible signature floral fragrance is available in several forms: Fragrance Mist, EL small candle, Malibu small or large candle and the OG in a terra-cotta hand thrown pot. These scents will warm and comfort and make your home smell amazing. She will thank you and think of you every time she uses them!
4. Beach Babe: Does Mom dream of her toes in the sand and saltwater? We can help 2 ways: A woven beach tote bag with Malibu Beaches throw blanket, Malibu candle and beach-themed hand towel, OR a Beach Girl Package of Love. The next best thing to being at the beach right now! We recommend making her a Pina Colada as an at-home add-on :)
5. Love from Afar: Can’t be with Mom right now? Let us send a surprise gift to set her table for a special Mother’s Day meal. We’ll include matching napkins, placemats, napkin rings and a bud vase for fresh flowers. Who wouldn’t love that?
We have many more ideas so if you are feeling creative and want to personalize a basket or large package, call me at the shop and I’ll put together something extra special for you! Oh, by the way, jewelry never hurt either…
Mom, we love you, and cherish you. Thank you for always being there to comfort us at any age and know we are always your baby.
Happy Mother’s Day to all - EL
PS You can use that on your card :)